According to “Your Church Magazine”
Currently, 80 to 85 percent of people are finding their church based on websites
If you read further in this article you will also find that
85 percent of church websites are poorly designed, 10 percent are merely adequate, and only five percent can be considered really good
So what does this mean for you ?
– People are “shopping for churches”
– Just like everything else, people looking for churches are going online first and basing their decisions on their first impression
– Investing in a quality website is just like investing in your building, you would not allow your building be in shambles why would you allow your website to be ?
– You might need to take a hard look at what kind of impression your website is making based on these key factors: visual design, functionality, navigation, interactivity and content.
– Taken from information from http://mediaoutreach.com/2009/05/85-percent-of-people-are-finding-their-church-based-on-their-website/
Based on these statistics, how would you rate your church’s web presence? Do you have a website out there that hasn’t been updated in 3 months, did you let one of the youth design the site because he had a ‘class’ in it? Do you have any idea how many people visit your site on a daily/weekly basis?